Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Textbooks

It is almost the end of the summer and time to order text books for the fall semester.  My wife asked me to order her books for her for her upcoming classes and clinicals.  Well 13 books later and $650 later, her books are ordered.  It's crazy that textbooks cost that much and that we are still using them in today's highly technical society.  Couldnt we just download a copy for a tenth of the price?  I know you can rent them to save money, but one of her books actually cost more to rent then to buy.

This made me start to look at my text books for the semester.  My books havent been that bad so far, so I figured it would be even close to her total.  Well it isnt $650, but it will still going to be around $200 if I buy them.  Luckily I will be able to rent both of these and it should be under $100.  So this will only set us back $750 for the semester in books.  I cant wait until December when we are shopping again for spring.

I worked on my first magazine ad this week.  We advertise in Recoil magazine and I used co-op funds from EoTech to pay for the ad.  I think it turned out pretty good and I look forward to seeing it when the next issue is published.  Hopefully it will bring in some new business as there will be a free shipping code for your next online order on it.

Since EoTech is paying, I better at least give a link for my product of the day.  These are new and featured in the Call of Duty games.  It's a very nice setup for an AR if you have the money.

http://policehq.com/Products/EO-HHS1#.UgEzaZKsiM4


No comments:

Post a Comment