Friday, August 30, 2013

Green lasers are cooler than red ones

Well I survived my first fantasy football draft on Wednesday.  It only took 2 hours and 15 minutes with 12 guys.  I had the third pick, so I was able grab Ray Rice from the Ravens.  I chose him over Lynch because of his pass catching ability, since we get a point per reception in the league.  Overall, my team looks ok, it's so hard to tell after the draft.  It wouldnt shock me to be one of the best teams or one of the worst teams.  It's all about playing the right guys during the right week and hoping our opponent doesnt have huge weeks from their guys.  My only goal is to try to win my division and at least make some money.

Yesterday I went out to Maple Plain, MN to visit Viridian.  Viridian makes green laser sights for both handguns and rifles.  I got to see those whole manufacturing process from start to finish.  A lot goes into making laser sights for guns.  It was cool to see this side of the industry, as I usually just see the finished product.  Viridian has come up with some really cool, innovative lasers for handguns.  They recently came out with lasers for Ruger LCPs and LC9s.  In about a month, they will release one for the Smith & Wesson Shield.  One of the best features about getting your laser from Viridian is that you get a pocket holster with the sight that has a magnet in the holster that automatically turns off the laser when you holster the gun.  This way you can always have the laser on and dont have to fumble turning it on when drawing the gun.  They also make kydex holsters for the popular gun models like Glock, Smith & Wesson, and Springfield XDs, that do the same thing when they are using the Viridian X5L or C series laser and light combos.

Why a green laser?  Well green is easier to see in both the dark and in bright light.  This makes it much easier for the eye to find in intense situations.

Check out the X5L

http://policehq.com/Products/VGL-X5L

No comments:

Post a Comment