Thursday, July 18, 2013

Supply and Demand

As I am taking a global economics class right now and learning about the basics of economics, it really has me thinking about how global our world is right now.  I wrote a paper on the economics of Germany this week and found out some interesting information.  Germany is Europe's largest economy but it also has it's oldest population.  Half of their Gross Domestic Product comes from exports and that is forecast to grow in the next 10 years to almost 70%.  They rely heavily on China and the United States economies and any slowdown would have a great effect on the German economy.  All this got me thinking how much the global economy effects our daily lives.

Just thinking about what products I have used today, they come from all over the world.  My car is a Chevy, but I know for a fact that not all the parts are from the US.  My laptop bag was made in China.  My work laptop is a Lenova ThinkPad, also a Chinese company.  It has Windows 7....USA.  My USB mouse...China.  The grapes I am eating.....from California.  Camelbak water bottle....China.  Under Armour polo.....Bangladesh.  I have a box of .380 ACP ammo at my desk.....made in Minnesota.  Everything you have and use is from many different countries.  As much as we here people saying we should only buy US products, I wonder if that means they don't eat fruit because a lot of fruit is imported.  I am not going to stop eating bananas because they are not produced in the US!!  My point is to just pay attention to the stuff you use and buy and see where it comes from.  You'll be amazed to find out how many different economies effect your daily life.

Speaking of supply and demand, it looks like ammunition supply is easing up a little bit.  We actually have some Federal Cartridge.40 SW HST 165 grain in stock right now and available for sale.  Hopefully this trend continues for both suppliers and consumers.

http://policehq.com/Products/FC-40HST

No comments:

Post a Comment