Monday, July 8, 2013

Windy City

I spent a couple days with my wife in Chicago.  It was her first time in the Windy City and my first time back since watching the Brett Favre lead Vikings lose to the Bears in Soldier Field a couple years ago.  Once again, I had a great time in Chicago.  We ended up doing quite a bit in our two and a half days there.  My favorite activity was probably taking the boat tour down the Chicago River and then out to Lake Michigan.  That was a great way to learn some history on the buildings and get some great pictures of the skyline.

We ended up eating at two different pizza places, Giordano's and Lou Malnatis, for Chicago-style deep dish.  I cant honestly say I dont know which was better, as both were fantastic.  You cant go wrong with either place.

Another fun thing we did in Chicago was attending a show at the Second City.  This improv show did not disappoint, and for the $32 we spent on tickets, it was probably the best bang for our buck in the city.  I would definitely recommend going to see a show if you have time in the city.  The Second City has a great alums who have performed there in the past, including John Belushi, Gilda Radner, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroid, and more recently Amy Poehler and Steve Corbert.

Product of the day

Here is a great price on a multi-tool from SOG knives
http://policehq.com/Products/SOG-B44N#.UdsnPfmsiM4

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment