Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thirsty Thursday

I am actually not going to talk at all about drinking, sorry to disappoint you.  Well I made it through another paper for school.  This one was shorter, only four pages.  It was almost rougher though, since I had to cram a lot of information on the US economy in a four page paper.  I actually do feel I have a better understanding of how the economy works and what things really mean when they are talking about consumer confidence, consumer price index, value of the dollar, etc.

This week I get to write a paper on the US trade policy and how I might change it or implement new ideas.  I am leaning more and more towards free trade and opening markets to foreign competitors, even if it costs the US jobs in the short run.  I have learned that we as a nation pay close to a billion (yes a B) dollars a year paying rice farm subsidies.  Little did I know, and probably most people, that Arkansas is the largest producer of rice in the US.  The problem seems to be is other areas of the world produce rice at a much more efficient rate then we do here, but we still pay out these subsidies which just causes overproduction and inefficient methods.

Two more weeks until Streichers Days at work.  Still finalizing the details of all the specials we are going to have.  This has been a completely different process for me compared to the past.  Up until last week, I felt like it wasnt going well, and we really didnt have much ready.  What a difference a week makes, now I feel better as we have finalized more details with vendors, with purchase orders placed and product delivered for the big event.

For more details visit our Twitter https://twitter.com/PoliceHQ and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PoliceHQ

Until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment